"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

On the Singaporean kids' deaths on Mount Kinabalu

"It hurts me to acknowledge that society at its current state, gives more fuck about the inevitable than the preventable.

Deaths from the quake is something of a necessity, a product of Fate. Because we are not omniscient beings, we could not have anticipate these natural calamities. It is no one's fault.

But children dying from preventable diseases is an ongoing event. To see the problem persist for one more day is truly lamentable.

So forgive me if I do not partake in Social Sensitivity. Spinoza once said that freedom is knowledge. He means to say that when you appreciate the inevitability and the futility of Nature, you become liberated. I interpret that to mean that sometimes, when things that I know I am powerless to overcome, or when humanity is pit against Fortune, if the odds don't work out in my favor, I don't have to feel guilty or grief because it is just the way it has to be. No amount of grieving or depression will negate or transform reality."
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes