"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Friday, January 03, 2014

The Origin of "Tarma"

A: tarma

B: that means it's her and her mother

C: Tarma is Cantonese. It comes from the phrase "tar ma shiong", which means add one more on top.
it's what I was told by a friend so if I'm mistaken I'd be glad to know the real meaning/origin.

D: Idk, in cantonese "add" is "kah/kar". "Ma" is "double". So it should be "kah/kar ma shiong/seong".

Unless of course it's actually supposed to be "tar mah jeong", 打麻将, lol

C: I think it is 打 and the last word is 上, but not sure of the middle. It's like 'hit me with one more on top' or something.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes