"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Observations - 20th December 2011

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man." - Elbert Hubbard

***

Has anyone in Singapore ever been investigated by the police for being racist against Chinese?

The Guardian bills itself as "the world's leading liberal voice". It all makes sense now.

The corollary of the personal being political is that the political is personal.

"‎"Offence" by someone is the lowest common denominator. Since normally it is the ignorant, ill informed and / or intellectually lazy are the ones that "take-offence"."

I was trying to walk down a passage, and this guy with limp wrists refused to let me pass (someone else was walking down the passage from the opposite side at the same time). I asked politely to pass and he mumbled "you fat boy". I should've mumbled back "stupid fag".


"I remember a German guy telling me a few years ago, how he was struck by the locals' expressions when he first arrived -- Singaporeans don't look happy"

Friend in the law business: "can I say that as someone who deals in law, that Singaporeans make police complaints about EVERYTHING. Suspected sedition is at least pretty high on the "potential actual offence" list..."

"the aim of being in the magazine business is to survive long enough for SPH to buy you out"

Wonder what it says about Singapore that we have 3/50 of the world's top business women


Getting your heart's desire only in your dreams beats not getting it at all.

"Gabriel you study the misery of the human condition. So I come to you for enlightenment"


Best Malaysia crime story - a car was sent for washing, the owner returned in 2 hours, and the shop denied having ever received the car

If you give thanks when suffering are you a masochist?

Question I got on formspring: "what are the 4 enemies of man?"
My answer: "Pestilence, War, Famine and Death"
Girl 1: "What about women?"
Girl 2: "at times, myself. and fellow women. those would be the first 2 that comes to mind."


"Your request for no msg has been denied" - Fortune Cookie

"I did not rise to the top of the food chain to become a vegetarian"

"the secret is... there is no secret... shhhh...."

RT: @ErvinHan: #PhrasesIWishWouldDie 'Good things come to those who wait.' While you sit on your ass waiting, I'm gonna go GET what I want.


RT @hellovirnnnn: "Slutwalk makes no sense. It's analogous to asking rich men parading with tonnes of cash to protest against robbery."

RT @kitsune_shoujo @gssq bingo. i'm on a mission to reclaim every word w/ a negative connotation. like... lazy, incompetant, narcissistic, PAP, etc. reclaim!


RT @sickipediabot: My wife thinks I've got erectile dysfunction. I think she's fat.

"Life is like a penis. Relaxed and simple until a woman comes along and makes it hard."
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes