"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Friday, February 02, 2007

"The nice thing about being a celebrity is that when you bore people, they think it's their fault." - Henry Kissinger

***

Quotes:

He's working in Goldman Satch as (Sachs)

[On panicking on the SPI tour] We [will] get someone to pacify you.

Positive freedom... We lack resources... We go to a bad school, with bad teachers.

[On positive freedom and a French restaurant] Identify the currants or little nutmegs in the wine.

[On I Not Stupid] That mother, since she's dressed in white, and flabby - flabby being a symbol of wealth. She is the ***.

The Prisons has this publication. They call it 'True Freedom', but it's actually the Bible... New Testament.

In FASS we have a Liberal Arts system. You choose. Modularity. No one's gonna to, in theory, tell you what's right or wrong. (gonna)

Professor? *** [Ed: His name], please.

[Student: Should we understand Positive and Negative freedom as a spectrum?] That's a question, that's an essay question type.

I'm going to take us ack to the 1980s in Singapore. 1980s. Let's be realistic here. I wasn't even born in the 80s. [Students: Ah! Har. Har. Liar!]

[Student in HDB policy role play: I'm a 19 year old Roman Catholic Single Mother...] I'm a 35 year old feminist.] [Students: *hoot*] And I think it's disgraceful that you let a man impregnate you and run off.

[Female student:] I'm a 24 year old guy who has had no luck at the SDU... Maybe I'm ugly. [Female student 2: Maybe you are]

In the past decade, men used to propose to girls by asking them if they want to buy a HDB flat. Isn't that sad? [Female student role-playing a lesbian: See why I go for girls?] (wanted)

I'm an orphan... I'm 40, where do I go? Stay in the orphanage?

I got retrenched. I can't even afford a studio apartment. [Female student role-playing a PAP cabinet minister: Work harder]

[On meritocracy] Everyone has an equal chance to succeed. President's Scholar - there must always be a taxi driver's son.

Start fruit (starfruit)

[Me on comments on the Cash Harvest Cult post: Not as many as the Dawn Yeo post] What does this show? Religion is not as important as pretty girls.

[Student: What're you majoring in?] Economics. Sorry, Applied Maths.

[On game theory] I took part in such a game. I won 30 Euros... Maybe next year I will also organise an experiment.

Razor and stone. [Student: Scissors, paper, stone] I don't know. My kids at home play it.

You play stone, you play eraser, you play paper. (scissors)

[On the Prisoner's Dilemma] They may cooperate, not wiht the policemen, but within them (between themselves)

mar'nu'fuck'tour (manufacturer)

Beer'trah'nd (Bertrand)

There's a firm Nai'k and a firm Mike (Nike)

R I D activity (and)

The next example is espionage. I'm saying it the French way... spy industry [is the English word]

[Student: You look very formal today.] It's the Theory of Relativity.

It's an infinite moving average of present and past disturbances with the coefficients being pi-i-s... You have infinite pi-s. It's a joke. *nervous laughter from audience*

[On the hardest undergraduate Economics module] This should be called 'Independent Study Module'

Now jump the Mathematics. We'll go to the Economics... The maths is a tool to help you learn Economics.

SMU people are really good at packaging their bullshit about their school.

[Me: I slack for ***, you help me with ***. I work on *** this sem, next sem I help you with it.] Inter-temporal smoothing. I see. Inter-temporal optimization.

[Me: {I'm doing} Democratic Possibilities in Singapore.] Is there democratic possibilities in Singapore? [Me: Precisely. That's why it's such a brilliant title] (are)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes