"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

NS cut by 6 months for those on 30-month stint

So, the memo seen by my source was true (in part, at least)! Educated slaves now have to spend less time in full-time indenture. A most welcome step, this is.

Of course, vociferous complaints arise. As one person complained:

"fuck man.. they are cutting NS to 2years.. now that we finish serving.. what is this man?"

Or as our dear Chinx ranted in his quaint way: "RARARGGHHHH~!!!
FNARK!!!!!!
http://www.straitstimes.com.sg/latest/story/0,4390,256397,00.html?
I. HATE. YOU. ALL.
ARARAGHGAOGIHJAIOSFH!!!!" [Ed: Addendum - 20/06]

This is the sort of attitude - "since I had to suffer so much, other people must also suffer, or it will have been unfair to me!" that makes the human condition so miserable.

No matter when they had implemented the reduction, people who had finished their time in the not-so-gilded cage would have complained. What, then? Continue making everyone suffer more than the Powers That Be decree that they absolutely have to?

Bah.

For my part, I rejoice for my fellow slaves and slaves-to-be. Or the more educated ones, at least, for their education will no longer be held agains them. Though I will still mourn for their durance.


To Tasmania tomorrow!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes