"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, June 21, 2003

I daily get traumatised by ever more horrific sights.

Somehow, following links on a survey MIW sent me to try to entice me into letting them spam me, I came across this:

Our Army Songs Website

The music has been updated and beats can be heard in the background, but most of the lyrics are still sickeningly jingoistic and deceiving. I *am* surprised that they have a song called "Knock It Down", though:

"Hello, I am your Sergeant. And you are all my men.
You will listen to exactly what I say, understand?

When I ask you to eat, you eat...
When I say sleep, you sleep!
Do you know what I will do for you
If you screw up my plan?

Knock it down Knock it down
Get your hands on the ground and
Knock it down Knock it down
Just take it like a man and Knock it down"

*shudder*

I've seen 2 of the music videos (yes, all the songs there are available in MUSIC VIDEO format, with karaoke style higlighting of lyrics too), and it seems that almost all of the footage was taken during Obedience School on the Island of Doom.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes