"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Wednesday, April 24, 2002

!@#$%^&*()

I come back and I start griping. Argh.

I come back and find that the straw for my gigantic Dunkin Donuts drink pitcher (bought in 1994 when I was in the USA) , useful for pouring copious amounts of drink to sip slowly and complete with insulation, is *still* missing. On inquiry, I find that the straw had been the one given to me to consume the Thai coconut my mother gave me (which was very good, by the way). And it was reasonable to assume that the straw was disposable. So now my pitcher is useless without the straw. Argh. I wonder if they sell this sort of gigantic pitchers (preferably with insulation) over here. Oh Powers That Be, do leave a comment here if you can help me in my predicament!

[Update: I have plundered my Disneyfest straw. It's a bit too long and it's ridged, so orange pulp gets stuck in it, but it's better than nothing!]

The cab fare back was $7.90 including surcharge, and I saved at most half an hour. I think maybe I'll take the bus next time, and try my luck with the 165 instead of the 61. My brother in law has just kindly given me another $5, so I'll get to ride back tonight.

And lastly, I got poked twice yesterday. Because I neglected to acquire a copy of the documentation for my 1989 Hep B jab, I had to go for screening. On arriving at Maju, who should I find grinning at me but the likes of Yong Gen and Jason Lau. Wonderful. Luckily the real medic took my blood, as my vein was hard to locate. The Temporary Support Staff (TSS) like the aforementioned were horrible and kept "topo-ing", and most people had to be shot at least twice. Steven, the last, with beautifully prominent veins, was missed twice, sadly. And after that I had IV (I think Tuesday is the official IV day), and I got poked in the wrist by Steven, who had no one left to poke. The wrist, where flesh is scarce and consequently, injections hurt a lot. Ugh. And I failed my own attempt, so I've to do 2 next week.

And my parents are arguing about inconsequential things again.


On the bright side, even after my rant, I have 2 solid hours at home to slack. Yeh. Daniel and Steven asked me to go to a LAN shop to play counterstrike, but I think they'll gleefully ravish the food I will bring in later.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes