"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, December 08, 2001

Reblogger doesn't seem to be working anymore, so I'm disabling it. Ah well. So much for talkback.

I've also changed to a fresh new template which now, after some debugging, works. Though I still haven't figured out why <p> won't work on the posts.



Had high tea with Mr Lim and the history people on thursday. He said that he *does* drink vodka. Sometimes. Mmm. Saw my sister-in-law.



Was dragged out to the SPH Journalism Scholarship seminar by my father, and I met Xiaoshi, who'd been dragged out too (and sneaked into a Fatboy Slim concert the night before and slept at 4 am, 1 hour later than me). Many RJ people were there.

I came too late to sit in on anything other than the Question and Answer session, and someone asked this really odd question about whether the significance of the date 20/02/2002 was newsworthy. Maybe I should form a support group - "people who ask disturbing or otherwise consternating questions at seminars and talks". Towards the end, people kept dribbling off.

At least SPH recognised that they were, or were perceived as being too pro-Government in 1996 or 1997. They are more balanced now, but still err too much on the side of caution.

Xiaoshi said I was "useless", because "who has a phone and doesn't bring it out?". Well. It's my sister's old phone, the one that survived a 11 storey fall and has a temperamental screen and battery.



Here's a thought: How does the Food and Beverage industry survive in Muslim countries during Ramadan? I don't think Muslims would go out to eat much, at least not for the pre-dawn breaking of fast. And don't chefs have to taste their food?



Ms Bala brought up a good point - "What will happen to your blog without you?". Well, I *have* some, ahem, posters who will post from time to time. *Prod*.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes