"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, June 07, 2009

"He who can, does. He who cannot, teaches." - George Bernard Shaw

***

On social pressure:

"How often have we heard remarks like “How can you do that can? call yourself a Christian?” or “A good Buddhist doesn’t do…….” Etc

Which was why I found inclusive, non-judgemental, non-religious groups that worked for the good of humanity, and at the same time encouraged decisions to be fact-based (rather than subjective value-based) very attractive.

However, after joining several of these groups, I find myself back to square one.

Because I’ve added many of these people to my Facebook etc, I find myself in a position where before I want to put anything on my status bar, I’ve to consider what a feminist, humanist, vegetarian, atheist, agnostic, homosexual, environmentalist etc etc etc might think. And I find myself in a position where I can no longer make a joke or even announce my craving for KFC anymore.

I feel so restricted,? l feel like I’ve to be politically correct all the time, and after a while I notice people around me doing the same."
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes