"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, October 29, 2006

The food posts haven't been coming, not because I haven't been cooking, but because of the reduced pace of about once a week, lack of experimentation (I almost always cook ta pao boxes either for myself or others) and because I don't sync my camera to my computer on a regular basis anymore and so taking and then posting photos is annoying.

I just made a simple Pasta Pomodoro with Smoked Garlic Pork Sausage (garlic, onion, smoked pork sausage, sun dried tomatoes preserved in olive oil). Since it's simple it has a very clean taste; perhaps too clean. I considered adding the herbs provencale I hadn't used since the ratatouille but decided against it. Using the olive oil used to preserve the sun dried tomatoes instead of normal olive oil added some of the flavour that I'm more used to in my pasta; I also added more olive oil than usual since there's no sauce - hopefully it won't be absorbed by the pasta by tomorrow. Remembering to add salt this time helped too, I think (as well as the magic ingredient - a small sprinkle of sugar). I hope it won't taste even cleaner tomorrow when I have it for lunch. Maybe I'll just stick to real sauces next time, especially for food that's not to be eaten on the spot.

2 Fridays ago I also had some chicken curry. Unfortunately it didn't turn out so well. Firstly in texture (I didn't cook the blended onions for long enough, I think) and also in taste (maybe the British curry powder is better suited to flavouring yoghurt/cream based curries than onion based curries - there was something lacking in the taste). It was also vaguely sour. But then I don't think just blended onions and a few tablespoons of milk can ever give you the richness of coconut milk/cream or even yoghurt.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes