"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I have a huge backlog, but no time to type it in. I will thus relate how dinner went:

I just made some Carbonara. For once I modified a recipe by adding to it instead of subtracting, but it didn't turn out quite perfect.

Yesterday cream was on reduced because it was expiring that day, so I bought it. When I returned home I found out I had no eggs (miscommunication in egg sharing arrangement with house mate).

Today I bought eggs at Aldi so I was ready. I dumped in all the cream since it was expiring (250ml I think) and then cracked 2 eggs in. I realised my mistake when trying to beat the eggs while they were floating in the cream.

I fried bacon slivers in a pan, adding chopped onions and later red pepper for a touch of sweetness. Someone had turned off the stove on which my pot of water was boiling so my boiling of spaghetti was delayed. I was bored so I poured the egg-cream mixture into the saucepan and stirred on low heat. After pouring the mixture in I realised there was too much liquid but it was too late to do anything. I started getting small funny clumps in the pan - the egg cooking, I think.

When the spaghetti was done I mixed everything together and ate.

I feel vaguely sick now from the cream overload.

Things to do next time: use 1 egg only (beating before pouring in the cream), use less cream even if it's expiring (maybe 150ml - I can always add more later if it's not enough), don't pour the egg mixture on until the pasta is cooked.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes