"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

"The big thieves hang the little ones." - Czech Proverb

***

I saw this girl who looked like both the straps of her top had fallen down her arm just past shoulder level. I was wondering when she'd realise that her straps had fallen when I realised that it was part of her outfit, and I feared for when she raised one or both arms.

I went to Alaturka, a Turkish restaurant, with my brother-in-law and there was an exotic-looking drink called 'Spray' on the drinks menu. I asked the waitress what it was and she got excited and proclaimed it was her favourite... before admitting that it was a typo. There was also "sprakling water".

After dinner, we walked in the general direction of Mustafa Centre, then decided against entering because we would have to surrender our bags (I had my laptop in mine and he had his camera in his). We then milled around, until I saw a bustling back alley which I suggested we walk down. As we walked, we saw a lot of red-lit lintels providing access past dilapidated walls, beyond which sat mostly old, bored-looking women who looked to be of Indonesian stock (my brother-in-law said some looked like transvestites or transsexuals). Standing outside one doorway, there were a lot of Indian men (who made up almost all of those walking down the back alley) staring in. And at various intervals, there were makeshift stalls selling cheapo-looking and doubtless expensively-priced sex toys. The best bit was that there was a large CCTV camera mounted at the end of the alleyway, so both of us are now ripe for blackmail for our walk down a Desker Road back alley.

***

Zlad's back - "Clearly-devastated, "ZLAD!" insists his song "I Am The Anti-Pope" is not an attack on Christianity - rather, a light-hearted ballad recounting the short reign of little-known Beelzebub the First – the only Vicar of Christ to have been crucified at the stake."
I preferred his older piece. This one isn't funny.

Human-buttons of the UNHCR and the refugees - "I am SAM, an Iraqi refugee living in Lebanon at the moment... This is my newest campaign, it’s about the illegal and humiliating actions of the UNHCR, who using photos of refugees as banners and human-buttons to collect money. This is an abuse of the dignity and humanity of the refugees and must stop immediately and a clear public apology present by The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees."
I don't know what this guy's problem is.

What a Difference 365 Days Makes - "As a single person in Singapore I have had the opportunity, dare I say the priveledge, of reviewing a few personal profiles on the local singles sites. You would be amazed how many girls list sleeping as a hobby or interest that they enjoy. Yep you guessed it, right along side shopping for shoes, coffee with girl friends, re-runs of Sex in the City, and walking hand-in-hand on the beach watching an amazing sunset is sleeping. People who list this fascinating hobby get the automatic delete from me, because the last thing I want is someone to break out into a narcoleptic attack right in the middle of delightful bowl of pasta and conversation all for the sake of pursuing their passion for snoozing."

Sin Cleaner Products - Wash Away Your Sins! - "Wash Away Your Sins Hand Cream Pump - A Full 8 oz of Smooth on Salvation in Easter Lily Scent. This Healing and resurrecting hand cream will delight you and everyone else (including Liars, Cheaters and Wrongdoers)."
First seen at an NUS bazaar

Bible belt around the ear as old-time religion takes a hold - "Adonis, in real life a school teacher by the name of Rob Fields, began wrestling professionally in 1999. The idea for a Christian wrestling group, he said, was born when God appeared to him in a dream two years ago."
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes