"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Wednesday, September 04, 2002

Sorry, Andrew, I'm afraid I'm not a smart person. (Tries to dredge up remnants of chemistry knowledge lodged deep in a crevice in brain).

Who recorded the RJC school anthem? The trumpets are offkey right at the start, and are shakey at best throughout the whole song. Can't compare to authentic Rafflesians *coughcough*belting out the song at full volume. Urrrgh, I just reached the end, and the trumpet falls short there, too. What a nice rendition of Auspicium Melioris Aevi.

It seems like I'm less and less able to post long journal entries. I think my brain is dying as the army takes over my life. Maybe the workouts in the Gym really DO kill brain cells. Maybe I'm just spending too much time playing games and not thinking. Let's see, recently I completed Farland Symphony, and that's about it. It was a nice game, but the Omake patch requires one to re-play the ENTIRE game just for 3 extra stages that aren't originally in the game. That is a _bad_ way to implement Omake. Maybe I'll replay Farland Symphony sometime in the future, but right now I just don't think I can re-play a game immediately after I complete it. Even if it IS an excellent traditional isometric strategy / simulation game.

I finally figured out how to use the included IMEs for Chinese and Japanese in Windows XP! Very nice IMEs they are too, much better than cruddy olde NJStar Communicator that I was using previously to type out my Japanese Notes. Kudos to Microsoft for something very nicely implemented. However, my own typing speed in Chinese and Japanese leaves much to be desired, but anything is better than trying to read my own handwriting :)

Recently, much to Chinx's amusement, I translated Sakura Taisen's Opening Theme "Geki! Teikoku Kagekidan" into Chinese, to take a break from the studying of my Japanese notes. Compared to this translation, I like to think mine is just a *little* bit better :) I think I'll start a little website on which I will post up my translations. It's probably time something is done about horrible translations that seem like they were simply passed through some instant Japanese to English text translation service. I mean, how can someone translate this:

"akatsuki ni gekijou wo terashi dasu otome" into this? "The maiden checks in at the theater at dawn"?

When Gekijou actually means "emotional" and "terashidasu" means "to shine"? I'll probably post up my translation soon.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes